The Ariège, cycling destination par excellence, also has its Grande Traversée VTT (FFC labeled): from Lacave to Ax-les-Thermes, this 223km route in the heart of the Pyrenees allows you to alternate stages both technical and fun in a magnificent, picturesque and varied setting.
The great mountain bike crossing in a few words
- Average duration of the route: 10 days
- Total mileage: 223 km
- Number of stages: 12 stages with around twenty kilometers per stage, variable height differences depending on the stage.
- FFC specific markings and signage red markings
- What audience? Confirmed or intermediate mountain bikers.
- What period ? June to end of September
La Great Crossing Mountain Bike Ariège Pyrenees, allows you to take historic trails! Dream of new horizons and cross the famous path of the Bonshommes, the Way of the Pyrenean Piedmont of Saint Jacques through the greenway in the Cathar Pyrenees. Ariège offers remarkable places for exploration, adventure and emotion, where you will always be welcome!
The advantages of this great mountain bike crossing
- 3 historical paths
- 3 Mountain biking areas on the route (The Pyrenees Ariègeoises mountain bike site, Cathar Pyrenees, Couserans Volvestre en Pyrénées)
- Hosts specializing in welcoming mountain bikers (bike welcome brand)
Essential topoguides and websites
- A topo guide published by Chamina editions: https://www.chamina.com/
- THE FFC MTB SITE - N ° 110 - The FFC and its MTB sites: https://sitesvtt.ffc.fr/presentation-des-sites-vtt/
- Outdooractive: https://www.outdooractive.com/
Do not forget ! you can download the GPS tracks of the whole route for free!
For an all-inclusive stay
La Rebenne agency takes care of everything for you! The agency's bicycle specialists will find accommodation, catering and transport for you. You won't have to worry about a thing!