In winter, it is possible to enjoy Ariège by practicing beautiful unusual activities that look like the Far North! Walks in sled dogs or even skijoring, through the construction of an igloo, the bivouac winter on snake-gliss, fat bike, a large panel awaits all winter lovers for extraordinary sensations to share with loved ones.
Our selection of fun activities to do with friends:
- The fatbike: big tires for sliding and rolling the tracks of Ax-3-Domaines by mountain bike or on the Beille plateau! An absolutely brilliant activity, to try this winter!
- The snake-gliss: in Mijanès-Donezan or Ax-3-Domaines, we embark on this toboggan “train” and descend the slopes zigzagging like a snake!
Our selection of activities to do with the family:
- Building an igloo: the winter classic, learning how to build an igloo is not child's play! Construction of bricks to then form a shelter, toddlers will feast on this construction game!
- The dog sled ride: as in the far north, in the Ariège Pyrenees, on the Plateau de Beille or Col du Chioula, this activity amazes young and old!
- Ski-joëring: unique in the Pyrenees, with skis on your feet, you can let yourself be towed by the black horses of Merens, lords of Ariège?
Activities for the more athletic
- Ice climbing
- Winter mountaineering
Do not forget to consult our webcams to find out the weather and snow conditions at time T!