In Ariège Pyrenees, after your days of skiing, you will have a good number of options to have fun and test off-piste activities, each more unusual than the next ! Here, for example, we suggest you hurtle down the ski slopes on a Fatbike, go paragliding and land on skis or even take a stroll aboard a snow groomer! Discover a resort atmosphere suspended in time, warm and intimate because in Ariège Pyrénées, snow holidays are not just about skiing! We tell you more?
what to do after skiing?
It is 16:45 pm and the slopes are starting to close. However, you still have the energy and want to take full advantage of the snow. Here are some activities you might enjoy!
For sledding pros?
- The snake-gliss: go down the snowy slopes aboard this toboggan train! Mijanès-Donezan station offers a special Snake-Gliss slope with steep turns and a dedicated ski lift. Fun guaranteed!
- Sledding areas : each of our stations are equipped with toboggan areas where young and old will find what they are looking for! Fun guaranteed.
- Guzet rail sledging: here is a fun adventure to do after skiing! Get comfortable aboard this rail car and hurtle down the mountain during a beautiful 1.5 kilometer descent. Léa tells you about her experience. In winter, the descents are done after the closure of the ski slopes (from 17 p.m.) and during the February holidays.
- Fatbike: you know, it's those huge bike tires that let you go anywhere, even in the snow! With a guide, glide on the ski slopes along a fun 7-kilometer course with 600 meters of vertical drop. The Ax-3-domains station offers this unusual and really fun activity with the guides office.
- Speed-riding: already that the paraglider is impressive but then there! The concept is simple: put on the skis, the paraglider in the back and let's go for an alternation of flight and glide at full speed! It is at the station of Guzet snow that it happens.
- Ski-joering: this discipline, also called “harness skiing”, comes straight from Scandinavia. As the name suggests, the skier is towed by a horse. Discover completely new sliding sensations thanks to this unusual activity! More information.
For lovers of the far north
- Sled Dog : meet at the Chioula pass or the Beille plateau for a while UNFORGETTABLE ! Ready to be transported to Lapland? So, let's go, get on the sled and enjoy this magical moment.
- Igloo construction: Contrary to what one might think, building a snow dome cannot be improvised (at least, if we do not want it to collapse on our head)! For this, several providers offer to support you in your construction. Discover the providers
- Les Bains du Couloubret: Treat yourself to a well-deserved relaxation after a day of skiing! This thermo-fun space located in the town of Ax-les-Thermes is ideal for a moment of well-being in the heart of a very Zen atmosphere! The icing on the cake is swimming in the outdoor pool when there is snow all around you. The cheeks are seized by the cold but the body is warm in the beneficial thermal waters. Here, we allow ourselves a moment of softness and well-being.
- The altitude terraces: have a little drink and a bite to eat while watching the sun go down on the slopes, what happiness! We invite you to discover our spots to recharge your batteries at altitude with the added bonus of a magical view!
When the night falls …
- Snow groomer ride and meal at the Beauregard Guzet chalet : riding in a snow groomer is certainly one of those experiences that you tell your friends about when you come back from vacation! ? After this unusual stroll, enjoy a good meal in this cozy and warm chalet. Here, no reheated frozen meals, but generous mountain cuisine. For example, you can taste the Ariège garbure, the blanquette of lamb with a porcini mushroom sauce or the azinat… In short, hearty dishes in a unique atmosphere ! And above all, do not miss "The crazy evenings of the chalet" : ugly sweaters contest, Guzet beach, Pyrenean truffle evening or even Les Bronzés go skiing with a contest for the best fluorescent outfit! A 100% Ariège experience !
- Snowshoes by night with the Dahu Ariégeois: why go snowshoeing during the day when you can do it at night, in the magical silence of the mountains and under thousands of stars? An absolutely unforgettable experience and a strong way to reconnect with the nature that surrounds us! Discover more
- Bivouac on the Beille plateau with Angaka: do you dream of sleeping in the middle of nature? It is possible with Angaka. In the heart of the Nordic village made up of yurts, tipis and trapper's huts, you will have the impression of having traveled in space and time. However, you are in Ariège! More information.
- The Joa Casino in Ax-les-Thermes: and why not an evening at the casino? The Joa Casino welcomes you in a friendly atmosphere around emblematic games: English roulette, blackjack, slot machines… Theme and dance evenings are also organized regularly.