Ariège is a department of the Pyrenees, 6 ski resorts - Ax 3 domains, Ascou, Guzet, the Monts d'Olmes, Goulier, Mijanès-Donezan - and 4 Nordic spaces - Chioula, Plateau de Beille, Étang de Lers, Mijanes-Donezan - offer activities for everyone! Downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, toboggan runs, fatbike mountain biking, triathlon... But the mountain in winter is also the chalet in the mountains with the fireplace, hot chocolate, raclette ... (at Bethmale cheese obviously!) torchlight descents, the new year's eve on the slopes until the end of the night !
In short, enjoying the pure air, the 360 ° landscapes and the conviviality of the Pyrenees, this is what “going to the snow” means in Ariège Pyrenees !
What to do in winter in Ariège?
- Discover the 360 ° panorama over the Pyrenees, at beille tray
- Go to dinner in snow groomer at altitude restaurant in Guzet
- Descend 1,6 km in monorail sledging in Guzet
- Dip his feet in them warm waters sulphurous to Ax-les-Thermes
- Sleep in a igloo… home made !
- Test it night skiing in the Monts d'Olmes
- Buy his cheese at the local producer
- Meet a musher