Offer children a unique experience: a real journey through time. Together, cross the different eras that have marked the history of the Earth and of Life, thanks to Xploria Park, the Mas d'Azil cave and the Prehistory Museum. Three essential sites for learning about the origins of the living world. A day rich in discoveries and fun: digital tools, tactile models, giant animals will delight young and old!
10h Guided tour of the park Xploria - 43.079436, 1.376767
Educational pond, corridors of time, life-size reconstructions, botanical spaces, tactile models, real fossil to touch and many other fun and scientific activities await you at Xploria Park.
12h Picnic from the bag
14h30 Guided tour of the Caves du Mas d'Azil - 43.068888, 1.354795
- Cycle I => Storytelling tour "Once upon a time in Prehistory": Accompanied by Enea, a small inhabitant of the cave, the children explore a new environment and wake up to the Prehistory (lifestyle, objects, music). They go in search of Arin, fawn and companion of Aenea, who has hidden in the Grotto.
- Cycle II => The Prehis-Artists: Discovery playful Homo sapiens who lived in Mas-d'Azil for nearly 29 years. The emphasis is on their way of life, works of art and prehistoric music that they will practice.
- Cycle III => "Before France ... the first Homo sapiens in Europe": Children have the privilege of discovering some of the oldest traces left in France by the Homo-sapiens.
- Cycle IV => The long history of Homo sapiens: The visit of the cave and the museum will teach children the long history of Homo sapiens in Mas-d'Azil; of Aurignacians (39.000 years) to farmers, breeders, sedentary Neolithic through Magdalenian artists (16.000 years old) and Azilian snail hunters.
- Understand and describe the real world, that of nature and that built by man.
- Respect living things and acquire responsible behavior
- Create a link between the participants through common activities.
Ranking & labels
- Regional Natural Park - Ariège
Arize - Lèze
Prices / Validity
Price from: 15,40 € Price from: 13,50 €
|Price from - Companion||Min. 15,40€|
|Price from - Child Day||Min. 13,50€|