Additional Information :
Bus parking - Toilets - Shop area - Picnic area and fitness trail nearby - Accessible to people with reduced mobility (partly).
Gates of Ariège Pyrenees
1 - Guided tour of the Ardouin Museum, a former Pastelier hotel, in Mazères.
You can choose between 2 formulas:
Distribution of the class into 2 groups. Rotation every 45 minutes.
- Guided tour of the museum and the “Barbarians and Southern Gaul” exhibition.
- 5 workshops around the buckle plates with the provision of an educational kit: discover the function of the buckle plates, the conservation and restoration of archaeological metal furniture, the manufacture, the typology, the decorations.
Distribution of the class into 3 groups. Rotation every 30 minutes on the animations.
- The Bénazet site: interactive reconstruction of the necropolis and tombs, trades linked to archeology to understand these peoples buried in Bénazet.
- Typology of the objects found: Merovingian buckle plates, the evolution of the art of clothing through silhouettes, the daily life of the Franks. Questionnaires provided.
- Screening of a film on the Franks.
12h00: Picnic from the bag.
2 - Guided tour of the Textile and Horn Comb Museum in Lavelanet.
The guided and commented circuit allows children to understand the principles of spinning and weaving, going back in time, from an old family activity (medieval period) to an activity that becomes mechanical (18th century), then following, industrial , using manual and mechanical demonstrations.
Distribution of the class into 2 groups. Rotation every 45 minutes on 2 animations to choose from:
- Spinning initiation workshop.
- Introductory tapestry workshop
- Introductory workshop in felting techniques.
16:30 p.m .: End of activities.
Prices / Validity
Child: 6,50 €
|(from 25/11/2022 to 30/11/2023)||Min. €6,50|
Base 30 children under 12 years old.
- Bank / credit card
- Vacation check
- Bank transfer
The price does not include
Transportation, picnic, personal expenses, optional travel / cancellation insurance.
The price includes
Admission, guided tour and activities at the Ardouin hotel museum and at the textile and horn comb museum.