COVID-19 information: Health protocol respected, distance between hikers.
MISSION ANIMATION - ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
The Mountain Observatory, in partnership with the Adyu l'Ome association, is the benchmark for environmental education in Haute Ariège. With its 5 nature animators we offer nature activities for all audiences: individual, family, group, school, leisure center ... Discover the mountain in a fun or educational way with our nature walks to observe animals, our guided tours, our workshops specially designed for school children.
Explore the reserve with a specialist, during various themed outings (July / August):
- "In the footsteps of the marmots" A little nature walk for families with young children. First encounter with this emblematic animal.
- "Observe the mountain animals": How beautiful the chamois of the Orlu National Reserve are with their collars! But in this space of freedom, what are these nets for? Just enough time to surprise a marmot spread out on a rock that the vulture attracts us with its majestic flight… a single watchword: Observation! Throughout the path, eyes, spotting scopes and binoculars will relentlessly explore all the nooks and crannies of this very lively, wild and unspoiled mountain.
- "Follow in the footsteps of a reserve specialist": Go with a professional from the Orlu National Wildlife Reserve in his field work: observations, telemetry follow-ups, captures… A total immersion in the world of nature enthusiasts . Follow the guide and take part in the life of a reserve.
- "Gourmet estives": They bite into clover, savor trefoil, sniff gentian or ruminate patiently in a summer pasture ... They have taste and know how to transmit it ... A little stroll to whet your appetite and understand alchemy between the ancestral valuation of a herd of mountain cows and the content of your plate. Every Tuesday morning in July and August, we organize a walk on the pastures near the Col de Marmare with a nature guide from the Mountain Observatory to explain everything to you on the theme: "from the pasture to the plate" !
WELCOME and INFORMATION MISSION
The Mountain Observatory is also referenced as the Maison de la Réserve d'Orlu. In our reception hall, you will find a reception and information area on the Orlu National Reserve with interactive terminals, maps, specialized books, games and souvenirs.
The Mountain Observatory is the partner of the ONCFS (National Office for Hunting and Wildlife) for the scientific actions carried out on the Orlu Reserve: monitoring and studies on species such as the izard, the vulture bearded, the capercaillie, the rock ptarmigan, the Pyrenean desman, ...
Ranking & labels
Prices / Opening
- French "Chèques vacances"
- Credit card
Sports (canyoning, rafting, via-ferrata,...)