The commissioning of the railway (1884) resulted in the disappearance of the diligence which provided the service between St-Girons and Foix. The line operated for just over half a century.
The convoys were mixed, carrying both passengers and goods, and passed two or three times a day in each direction.
In 1955, the line, which had long been in competition with the road, was abolished.
It is now experiencing a new boom since its development in greenway.
Take a walk, bike or ride, the greenway is almost flat and without motorized vehicles, ideal for family walks!
Access from Saint-Girons or Baliar or Lescure (Car parks)
A leaflet is available free of charge at the Saint-Girons Saint-Lizier Tourist Office with all the practical information
Equipments & services
- Access for disabled
- Pet Friendly