Disconnection, oxygenation, sharing, emotion… this is the promise made to you by the Ariège Pyrénées destination in the south of France, this territory with magnificent nature and a varied heritage.
Here you are a stone's throw from Toulouse and Carcassonne, at the heart of a destination that has a thousand stories to tell you.
What to visit in Ariège?
Paleolithic men and their ancestral paintings present in the Cave of Niaux, through the Middle Ages with the Cathar castles like that of Foix or Montségur, visiting Ariège becomes a real adventure, through time and space. 14 years of history, 000 km² of nature… Go quickly to visit Ariège!
Ariège, nestled in the heart of the chain of the Pyrenees, it is also and above all an enormous natural heritage which fills the eyes, circuses, waterfalls, summits, valleys, lakes of breathtaking beauty!
So what to do in a day?
- Visit of the main towns of Ariège: Foix, Mirepoix, Saint-Girons, St. Lizier...
- Visit of the castle of Foix, the castle of Montségur, the castle of Lordat, or even Montaillou, Miglos ...
- Go hiking at Laurenti lake or peak of Tarbesou
- Relax during a walk in the Bélesta forest, or by the Montbel lake.
What to do in a weekend?
- Take a hike to Montcalm or Mont Valier, with one night in a refuge (Pinet or Estagnous refuge)
- Stroll in the valley ofOrlu, national reserve, which works for the protection of the environment and biodiversity and why not spend a night at the refuge d'en Beys
- Visit the cave of Niaux or that of Mas d'Azil and complete your visit by going to Prehistoric Park in Tarascon-sur-Ariège.
- Go to Saint-Girons market on Saturday morning, and go to discover the Bethmale lake the afternoon. The next day, go up to the Cascade d'Ars and admire its 270 meters high.
- Take a roadtrip from Mirepoix to Carcassonne