Memorial recalling the existence of a concentration camp for Spanish refugees from February to September 1939, transformed into a repressive internment camp for "undesirable" foreigners during the Second World War until June 1944. About 40 men of 000 nationalities were interned here. It is also from here that Jewish men, women and children were deported to the extermination camps. The site consists of three places: - the cemetery which can be visited all year round with free access and which is being renovated and refurbished, - the station with a "Horse 58 Men 8" type wagon is also accessible for free outside visits, - For the museum located on the village square, contact the town hall. For visits accompanied by the site, contact the town hall or Mr. Grasa on 70 05 61 68 30 and for school groups, contact the president of the Amicale, Mr. Cubells on 00 06 79 90 30. For Saturday and Sunday and public holidays, tel.: 48 or 05.61.68.30.00 Open from 06.09.28.11.73/02 to 01/23, from 12:8 a.m. to 30 p.m. and from 12:13 p.m. to 30 p.m.
Gates of Ariège Pyrenees