Natura 2000 is the largest network of protected areas in the world!
It is a European label awarded to sites selected for their richness in natural environments and remarkable or threatened animal or plant species on a European scale. These are habitats or species of Community interest.
The site is home to 11 species of community interest:
- 5 species of bats
- the Rosalie des Alpes and the Lucane Cerf-volant, two insects whose larvae feed on dead wood
- green Buxbaumie, a small moss that grows on dead wood
- Aurélio's Lizard
- the Pyrenean Otter and Desman, semi-aquatic mammals.
- Preservation of remarkable lawn and moorland environments by supporting pastoralism
- Conservation of forest habitats favorable to saproxylic insects and bats
- Maintenance of the quality of aquatic habitats for the European Otter, the Desman of the Pyrenees...
- Preserve the habitats of the Aurélio Lizard.
Animation of the site: At the heart of the territorial dynamic, the animation of the site consists in associating the local actors in the management and the conservation of their natural heritage to set up sustainable actions.
Ranking & labels
- Nature 2000
Prices / Opening
|From January 01 to December 31, 2023|
- Parking lot
- Pet Friendly
- Tourist Documentation